Friday, February 24, 2012

Finding an old flame

I was having lunch with a couple of girlfriends yesterday and we started talking about old boyfriends.  One of my friends said she wanted to see what an old boyfriend looked like, but she searched online and couldn't find a picture of him.  I said I could find it for her!  I don't want to give out names, but here is the process I used:

I took his full name including his middle initial (which she gave me) and entered it into Google Search.  A website called SpokeO.com returned a number of matches along with photos.  So I dug deeper there and found out where he lived.  I then used his name and his location to begin another search.  I was getting a number of text results, but no photos.  I tried using his name and his profession to search.  Again, only text results appeared.  So I tried a different search engine - Yahoo.  I used his name and location and the first result was a wedding announcement.  I recalled that his wife's name appeared in the spokeo search result, so I went back to see if that was the same one.  It was.  Then I went back to Google and typed in their names together.  The first result included a photo of the couple together at an event.  Voila!


No comments:

Post a Comment